Thursday, August 25, 2011

Destination: Bali Part 3

Day 3
Date: 28 January 2009

So we paid USD70 for a private tour guide in an air conditioned vehicle. Luckily we got the Pajero!


We were first brought to a Batik factory. Nothing that I've never seen before since Malaysia does produce our own Batik.


Look at the old school Batik machine! I remember seeing one at Sarawak Cultural Village back when I went there when I was 12.


A policeman in action. Well directing traffic that is.


Plenty of temples along the way. It's temple left and right!


Another one!!!


We were then brought to one of the many wooden craft factory.


The details of the carving is so pretty! I remember taking up art class back in high school and it took me ages to carve a piece of wood. It's just not my thing.


Back on the road again!


A road towards....?


And this is? It was actually a painting gallery. We weren't allowed to take anymore pictures except for this one which I took secretly.


We are now at the Ubud Monkey Forest!


Monkeys...


Ugly lizard statue. Ew.


Next, is Goa Gajah. Or in English - Elephant Cave.


Scary looking cave entrance.


Surroundings of the cave area.


The mini paddy field. Not sure if this is for show only.


We were then brought to a restaurant with this view. Awesome!


Food weren't exactly delicious but it was alright. Pricey too.


On the road again! We were headed to a temple up on a hill.


It was drizzling and there were a bunch of locals trying to sell umbrellas at very high prices. Lucky for me, I was smart enough to pack extra towels from the hotel just incase!


Tanah Lot. Nice huh?

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment