Thursday, April 28, 2011

Destination: Perth Part 1

Day 1
Date: 16 October 2009

I know this is a little dated but who cares! Initially, the plan was to tour the southern part of Western Australia. Due to some unforseen circumstances, it has to be just Perth and then heading east to Melbourne where my sister was at.


That's the exterior of Perth International Airport. I was waiting for the city shuttle, I guess it was too early. I believe my flight arrived at about 7am or so.


I was due to fly out to Melbourne in the evening, arriving about 1am to 2am. A little late but that's the only option I have.


It was quite a ride from the airport to the city. I think it's around an hour or so as the driver was driving at the normal speed limit.


Some river...



It looks more like a suburb to me. A little quiet as there weren't so many cars around.


I went to look for a supermarket as I need a full set of toiletries and skincare. I have accidentally left my toiletries bag back home. Very smart!


I stopped by McDonald's for breakfast. Incidentally that is the only place that offered free Wifi! I almost fainted for not being able to get connect at the airport.


I stumble upon Guardian Pharmacy. No, it's not the same as the one in Malaysia. I got myself a bottle of shampoo as my sister has all the other toiletries that I would need when I get to her apartment later that night. Oh, I also got myself a bottle of contact lens solution. It wasn't cheap at all. Oh well!


I was already walking aimlessly around this area. My trip to Australia this time was unplanned.


Ahh, tall buildings, reminds me of Kuala Lumpur.


Murray Street was just around the corner. It is one of the main shopping district in Perth. Nothing much to shout about. It reminds me of Connection at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur minus the roof.


There were quite alot of people there but I just want to snap shots of the place where there are lesser people.



No comments:

Post a Comment