Thursday, March 17, 2011

Destination: Rome - Part 1

Day 1
Date: 31 January 2011

As soon as we arrived Leonardo Da Vinci Airport (aka Fiuminico - FCO), we were transported from the plane to the main terminal via a bus. I thought that we would get an air-bridge but oh well. Beats walking in the cold!



FCO looks a little dated. Probably similar to the Subang Airport before they refurbished it. It was wee hours in the morning and I didn't even bother to explore the airport. I was exhausted and eager to head down to my hotel room downtown.


I was googling non-stop for the cheapest way to get from FCO to downtown Rome. There I found out I could get into the city for only €4.


1) FCO-Parco Leonardo Station - €1 (FR1 Line)
2) Parco Leonardo Station-Ostiense - €1 (FR1 Line)
3) Piramide-Termini - €1 (Metro B)

Please take note that you have to buy both tickets 1 & 2 at FCO itself. I'm not really sure if I should've validated my ticket at FCO (1&2) itself. I got off at Parco Leonardo Station and had to wait another 30 mins for the next train. The machine in Parco Leonardo Station is not in service or maybe it is never in service on Sundays?



Ostiense Station and Piramide Station is inter-connected. You can buy the ticket from one of the mini food-stalls in between both stations.

All in all, I think the journey takes about 1.5hours including the 30 min wait at Parco Leonardo station.

No comments:

Post a Comment