Sunday, November 27, 2011

Destination: Phi Phi Island, Thailand Part 1

Day 1
Date: 24 July 2011

It was a very impromptu invite by my friend M. She posted on my Facebook wall asking 'Shar, fancy going to Phi Phi Island next month?'.


I told her yea and I quickly book for a flight down to Phuket that following week. Ticket was a little on the expensive side but it's ok! The last I've seen M was in 2008 in Singapore. M's actually an online friend of mine since I was 19 and we've only met once in 2008 and I'm excited to meet up with her again this year!


No, that's not our boat. Anyway, M and I met up at Phuket International Airport where she got in from Bangkok (she got sick on the way from Sydney, poor girl!). It was about 9am when we met up and the next boat out to Phi Phi Island was at 1pm. We took a taxi to the town centre where almost everything is closed!


Now this is our ferry. We sat at the roof and it was much more fun than in the air conditioned area. Within the 30th minute of the ride, I had a feeling that I am going to be sick soon. I headed towards the ferry's toilet and sat in it until we reached Phi Phi Island - which was another 1.5hrs later. Yea I know...


Everytime I tried standing up and walking, I got dizzy and felt nauseous. M had to carry my luggage down to the pier for me. Thanks M!

I walked with M and the rest of the guests which were staying at the same hotel for about 10 mins and I just couldn't take it. I sat at the steps of another hotel telling M to go ahead and check in, telling her I should be ok within 1-2 hours time.

One of the hotel staffs came over and asked where am I staying and and I told her at PP Casita. She said both the hotel I am at and PP Casita is of the same group. She brought a bottle of water and 2 Panadols for me. That's how nice Thais are!

Anyway, after about an hour, the same girl came over to me and say she'll bring me to PP Casita on her bicycle. That was really nice, it was about 15 mins ride though. I gave her some tips which she refuse to accept but I insisted.

I still didn't feel good during dinner and decided to sleep in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment