Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hotel Review: PP Casita

This is also my first visit to Koh Phi Phi (Phi Phi Island). It's pronounced as PP instead of Phi Phi as in Philippines! Because of the H in between the P and I, I kept calling it Phi Phi instead of PP! How embarassing!

Anyway, we stayed at PP Casita. It's one of the 3 star hotel that's situated in the town area. Hotels that are more than 4 star are all at the corners of the island and there's absolutely no proper vehicle lane on the island as I've only seen 1 pickup truck so far during my trip. Also, to get into town from the more expensive hotels, you'd have to take a boat ride.

Without further ado, here are the pictures of the said hotel.


This the hotel's swimming pool. We only dipped in the pool that one time after sun tanning the afternoon before.


That's our cottage! We initially booked the Building Rooms but it was fully booked and the hotel happily gave us the Cottage at the same price! We booked through Agoda.com though.


This is our room! Our room was the FURTHERST of all! It took us AGES to reach! Ok, fine, I'm exaggerating. It was probably a 3 minute walk from the Lobby or so.


That's my bed. There goes the blue pillow again! What are you doing there?! Love the sheets though.


That's the front door and that is not my backpack.


The lovely desk next to my bed. The pink hair dryer is mine. I simply dislike hotel hair dryers as the air blowing aren't hot and strong enough. Or I'm probably just too used to my own hair dryer. Whatever.


This is the bathroom. Obviously.


Lovely sink. It's so 2000's or perhaps late 90's.


That's the shower area. Ignore the black patches at the corner of the green mosaics. Anyway, the mosaics are cool and as long as you stopped looking at the moss, you'll be fine.

Overall, I like this hotel because it's just simply central. There are alot of shops just outside the hotel area.

However, even at 3am, you can still hear the club's music as Phi Phi is practically a party island! It doesn't bother me much though.

The room came with breakfast but you will be disappointed in it. It looks like canteen food but for what you pay for, you can't expect much.  Service was overall great, bed and room was made up every morning and the reception staff were really nice.

I'll stay here again if I ever go back to Koh Phi Phi!

No comments:

Post a Comment